11th International Workshop on Infrared Microscopy
and Spectroscopy with Accelerator Based Sources
On Site/On Line, 20-24 September, 2021
WIRMS 2021 has been postponed to autumn 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it will be organized as WIRMS2022. More information on the exact date, new deadlines, etc. will be communicated shortly on this website.
We are pleased to invite you to attend the 11th International Workshop on Infrared Microscopy and Spectroscopy with Accelerator-Based Sources, WIRMS, that will be held on September 20-24th, 2021, in Hiroshima, Japan. This will be the second time that the workshop has been held in Japan, Asia since 2007. It covers the latest topics of infrared and THz studies that utilize accelerator-based sources such as synchrotron light sources and FELs. We will also discuss possible techniques for utilizing infrared and THz light in the low emittance rings and the potentials of using low energy rings and newly developed linear accelerators. Topics are:
Scientific researches by Infrared /THz light
- Scientific field: Biology, Polymers, Geology, Condensed matter physics, Biomedicine, Medical science, Industries, Archeology
- Sample environment: High pressure, Magnetic field, Water/Humidity condition, High/Low temperature
- Advanced techniques: Near-field spectroscopy, Nonlinear spectroscopy, Material processing, Pump-probe spectroscopy
Facilities and infrared/THz beamlines
- Latest status of infrared/THz facilities and beamlines
- Recent developments of accelerator-based sources: ERL, CW coherent synchrotron radiation using a superconducting accelerator
- Infrared light at low-emittance rings
- Potential of low energy-synchrotron sources
Considering the status of COVID-19, the workshop will be held in a hybrid on-line/on-site format.
We hope that WIRMS 2021 will contribute to the development of accelerator based infrared sources and spectroscopic researches. We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
- Registration open, 1st June 2021
- Abstract submission open, 1st June 2021
- Payment open, 1st June 2021
- Abstract submission deadline, 20th July 2021
- Notification of acceptance of abstract, 10th August 2021
- Early bird registration close, 20th August 2021
- Registration close, 10th September 2021
- WIRMS2021, 20th-24th September 2021